May 30, 20120 comments
This week Nicole let me take a stab at the Field Guide (my favorite DC post), and I’m going to try and keep up. I figure I should stick to what I know. So the Bauhaus it is!
There is a ton of information out there about the Bauhaus, and the majority of the work is very well documented. I first remember seeing this stuff back in art school, and it immediately resonated with me. I tried to pull work (famous and obscure) from a variety of disciplines and from multiple designers. The Bauhaus did do everything after all.
- Faculty Apartment for Lazlo Moholy-Nagy via Blanchard Modern Art
- Wassily Armchair by Marcel Breuer via First Class Design
- Kubus Modular Container Set by Wilhelm Wagenfeld via The Corning Museum of Glass
- Stölzl Plate 106 by Gunta Stölzl via Design Within Reach
- Tubular Steel Nesting Tables by Marcel Breuer via Hofmobiliendepot
- Staatliches Bauhais in Weimar 1919–1923 Book via Christie’s
- Brass Ashtray by Marianne Brandt via Neue Galerie
- Blatt Für Woodcut by Wassily Kandinsky via Master Works Fine Art
- Wooden Building Blocks by Alma Buscher via nova68
- WG 24 Table Lamp by Wilhelm Wagenfeld via Lampenonline
- Bauhaus Chess Set by Josef Hartwig via Eye Magazine