Archives

Projects

A Stopgap as Design Curiosities becomes Curiosity and Curiosities

curiosityandcuriosities

In an effort to bring more unique and thoughtful content to our site we’ve been discussing and working on what changes we need to make. As those changes are taking place behind the scenes, and to let you know that we are still here, you can find us at Curiosity and Curiosities. We are sharing visual content as a stopgap for this transition.

 

 

 

 

Our First Place: Part Two

Our First Place

Our First Place

Our First Place

Our First Place

Our First Place

Our First Place

Our First Place

Our First Place



A few more photos of our first place in Houston.

Our First Place: Part One

Our First Place

Our First Place

Our First Place

Our First Place

Our First Place

Our First Place

Our First Place

Our place in Houston was beautiful, and had tons of natural light. I took these photographs right before we packed up to move to Boston. A little sparse, but the space more than made up for it.

Recent Project: Copper Plant Hanger

Project

Project

Project

Project

Projects

Instead of working on the big project we have going (which is a little intimidating), we decided to make a plant hanger for our fern. We used conduit at the suggestion of the guys at Home Depot, and they cut it to length for us. We sprayed it copper, and used tubing clips to attach it to the wall. I made a rope planter with a tutorial by Skinny Laminx and Steven attached the planter to the baseboard with rope to make it more secure. This was a really fun, pretty simple project, and we really loved the end result. Let’s just hope we can keep our fern alive. You can find more in depth instructions on the projects page.

Recent Projects: Lighting, Blinds, and Shelving

DC Project

DC Project

DC Project

DC Project

DC Project

DC Project

Ok, so there is actually only one recent project on this post. Among the other two, one is a not so recent project, and the other is recent, but not really a project. First up is the non-project project, a new light fixture in the living room. The glass dome on the old fixture spontaneously fell off the ceiling one night— talk about startling. It was replaced with some inexpensive Ikea lighting.

When we picked up the light fixture from Ikea, we also picked up some venetian blinds for our back door. We had to use some wood shims to keep the blinds away from the knob and lock, which made for an unsightly mess in addition to the bulky metal hardware. We made a simple valence out of some left over wood, and I painted it and the slats a nice neutral color (Krylon, River Rock). Now all we have to do is hang some curtains.

The last project was one we actually did last year. I finally took some photos of the pipe shelving and put it up on the projects page. Click here for more photos and details.