This vanity was part of my Mom’s childhood bedroom set. It saw some years in storage, and then was used in my bedroom. It was stored again, and then given to someone who needed it. When it was returned to my Mom, the paint was yellowed and it smelt of smoke. My parents did most of the work to the vanity, stripping paint, staining, and replacing the whole top piece (which was laminate). It then spent almost two years, as is, in my first home with Steven. One day, I decided I wanted to give it an update and picked out paint swatches. I was about to paint the vanity when I found out we were moving. I put the project on hold, and what a good thing! The bedroom in our current apartment has white wainscoting; the white paint I picked out would have looked awful! I still had the urge to do something to it, so my husband suggested copper leafing the edge. It was super easy to do, and gave the vanity the update I wanted.
You can find my instructions on how to DIY this project at Design Sponge